Integrated Community Development Campaign is a non-governmental, non-profit making, non-religious and service-oriented national level organization. Since its establishment in 1997, it has been working in the field of integrated community Development.
Primarily ICDC is committed in working for women, children, and marginalized community. It has kept a record history of rendering quality humanitarian services in the thematic socio-economic issues like education, advocacy, environment, sanitation, vocational training, human rights, social mobilization, Psycho-social and mental health support, active participation of community people, organizational development, human resource development and trainings. In addition, ICDC also provides skill based vocational trainings and the sensitization of community on fundamental rights through effective community mobilization process for Poverty reduction. Development research is another expertise of ICDC.
In the quest of establishing a sustainable mechanism, ICDC has developed resource centre in Nilkantha Municipality 8 Amarawati of Dhading district. The resource center provides space for residential/ non residential trainings while it also supports capacity building of ICDC and other local stakeholders.
The headquarter of ICDC is located in Dhadingbensi while its logistics support and coordination unit is established in Kathmandu.
ICDC envisions the relationship of all towards better living conditions, healthy & fair society, social justice and the preservation human rights for the establishment of dignified human life.
Create self -sustained society through integrated programs based on local resources management and mobilization, focusing to empowerment, equal participation of all who respect social values, human rights, and social Justice.
Strengthen capacity of individuals and organizations to organize, empower and mobilize community in bringing positive social change especially of woman and children on the issues of human rights, economic opportunities and social Justice through equitable and sustainable community development approach.
In the trail of scaling up the socio-economic status of community people especially women, children, marginalized/disadvantaged group and the people living in difficult circumstances ICDC has endorsed the following objectives;
- Work with community people and support to empowerment to fulfill their basic needs.
- Raise awareness and help community people specially women, children, youth and disadvantaged groups
- Work for Right-based advocacy, gender equality and equity, social Justice and good governance related activities.
- Help to increase income of women, youth and disadvantaged people by vocational training and different IG activities.
- Work with people for poverty reduction
- Mobilize community people specially youth groups in awareness campaign, extracurricular activities and other social works.
- Enhance capacity and efficiency of community groups and local organizations in planning coordination and implementation of self help development activities.
- Support local government, I/NGO and other development actors in enhancing good coordination, networking and advocacy for good governance and sustainable development at the local/district and national level.
- Form and activate concern groups and work for their capacity building.
- Lobbying and advocacy for human rights, peace and social transformation.
- Work for disaster management and drinking water supply, health and sanitation.
- Campaign for social justice.
- Through community based organizations/ village groups (women,child, youth, mothers, parents, users groups and management committee and so on.)
- Active participation of all stakeholders and ownership development.
- Close coordination and collaboration with GOs /NGOs and to develop a networking among local partners.
- Promotional and strengthening of volunteerism and their capacity building for the sustainability of program interventions.
- Participatory / Planning system (bottom up process by the stakeholders)
What we believe in?
ICDC embodies following values and believes that help to guide in its operation. These are:
- Dignity, equity and equality
- Equal opportunity and responsibility
- Respect people , their culture and environment
- Capacity building
- Moving forward / ahead